“I am dedicated to working with you to identify and build on your inherent strengths to facilitate the healing process. I want you to achieve your goals and live a happier, more fulfilling life.”
Melanie has worked with many individuals struggling with anxiety, depression and traumatic experiences. She’s had great success working with clients to successfully navigate major life changes, including relationships, postpartum, parenting, career, grief, and loss.
She brings extensive experience from her previous psychotherapy positions at the Psychiatric Institute of Washington, Walter Reed Army Medical Center and N Street Village. At these organizations, Melanie worked with many individuals suffering from anxiety, depression, complex trauma, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Melanie’s clinical expertise has been featured on several media outlets, including the following:
Sessions With Bob and Lena
- “How to Get Ready For a Healthy Relationship After an Abusive One, According to an Expert”;
- “Intimate Partner Violence Hurts Long After the Relationship is Over”;
- “7 Signs You Have PTSD From Your Past Relationship”;
- “On-Again, Off-Again Relationships Damage Mental Health;”
- “People Who Can’t Afford Period Products Are More Likely to Have Anxiety or Depression”
Melanie received her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan and received a Master’s in Social Work from Smith College School for Social Work, where she specialized in psychodynamic theory. She also received advanced clinical training from the EMDR Institute of Greater Washington and Neurofeedback training at EEG Education & Research Institute for Applied Neurotherapy.
For more information, to schedule an appointment, or to contact Melanie directly, she can be reached at 202-265-1000, ext. 107, or at email@example.com.