The Viva Center is a wellness organization made up of a dynamic community of professionals specifically trained to facilitate wellness of mind, body & spirit. We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our clients and are hungry to learn and expand our knowledge of the complex human system. Together as a whole we are able to offer more integrative options for our clients to thrive in many areas of living. Members of the Viva team include both Associates and Affiliates of the practice, as well as Contributing Writers, Chairpersons to the Holistic Professionals Group, and Interns aspiring to develop specific skill sets.
A Viva Associate is a clinician contracted to see Viva clients for psychotherapeutic services. Viva associates typically have advanced training in a mind-body modality such as results oriented psychotherapy, brain based therapies, mindfulness based therapies, expressive therapies, and energy therapies. The Viva Associate is invested in learning and growing as a part of a dynamic community. He or she is independently licensed and is looking for a contract position in order to focus on doing clinical work and gaining clinical experience. Viva Associates enjoy wrap-around business support for having a successful private practice including referrals, facilities, billing, supplies, maintenance, and client file storage. Positions are currently available for clinicians looking to work mornings before 10 AM as well as Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays (all times).
Viva is currently looking for a licensed social worker to join our team as a Clinical Event and Communication Coordinator. This role will work both with clients in-session and within the community at large to promote mental health and eradicate stigma. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
A Viva Affiliate is specially selected for the professional expertise they bring to the Viva community to round out the center’s whole-person offerings. The Viva Affiliate operates out of The Viva Center and shares in the Viva philosophy of optimal living for the mind, body & spirit. He or she is a seasoned, licensed practitioner with malpractice insurance and a stand-alone business in a complementary field such as acupuncture, massage therapy, physical therapy, yoga, naturopathy, lifestyle counseling (finance, nutrition, career, etc.), or another healing profession. A Viva Affiliate thrives in an intentional community of healing professionals and enjoys the collegiality of being part of a dynamic wellness environment. Once selected, the Viva Affiliate is a sublessee in the space and a vibrant part of The Viva Center.
A Viva intern typically is an undergraduate student of psychology, marketing, communication, media studies, creative writing, or video journalism who is interested in learning more about working in a wellness environment. Oftentimes our student interns are able to facilitate earning credits in their academic programs for their internship hours. Our internship opportunities require a 10-hour/week minimum commitment. A travel stipend and access to all workshops and trainings during the internship are provided. Our intern semesters start in September, January, and May.
Chair of the Holistic Professionals Group
The Chairperson of the Holistic Professionals Group (HPG) is responsible for the overall operational oversight and marketing for the development of this unique network. The HPG Chair is responsible for the management and growth of the HPG with particular emphasis on strategic marketing, public relations initiatives, and program management.
This is a bartered position (bartering rental space for hours of work) and has significant influence over the visibility and part of the mission of The Viva Center to be a community connector. Reporting directly to the Viva Center Director with input from the founder, the HPG Chair is responsible for coordinating and overseeing all aspects of the HPG as a network of like minded wellness professionals, and a program for people to learn more about a multidisciplinary approach to wellness.
The position has a one-year duration with a 90-day trial period. The position is ideal for a self-starting holistic professional seeking to develop their already substantial PR and management skills. This position is also an opportunity to cultivate a network of colleagues as they build on their practice and clientele. In exchange for this exciting and creative work, the HPG Chair can barter up to 8 hours of rental space at The Viva Center (approx. a $600 value). Use of the space will be determined by space availability and discussion with the Director.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in HPG programs and services.
- Develop a broad and deep knowledge of all elements of The Viva Center for referral and PR purposes.
- Implement a system for tracking and subsequently increasing membership.
- Implement a system for effective PR and Marketing related to all aspects of the HPG.
- Maintain the webpage and widgets for the HPG. All edits can be communicated to the Viva Center Client Care Coordinator if assistance is desired. (Bonus if you are familiar with WordPress and the S2member Plugin)
- Coordinate 2 networking wine and cheese events (Fall and Spring)
- Coordinate monthly (Sept-June) workshops on a unique and interesting holistic professional topic (including CEU management)
- Publicly represent The Viva Center and specifically the HPG with the media and external constituency groups including community and private organizations.
- A therapy-related license.
- Interest in personal professional development and in building a network of holistic professionals as colleagues.
- Experience in organizational management.
- Experience in tracking clientele, prospective clients, and profitability.
- Familiarity with WordPress preferred; if no experience with WordPress then technically savvy or demonstrating a capability of easily picking up technology.
- Action-oriented, flexible, and innovative with program management.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- Excellence in organizing, prioritizing, tracking, communicating, coordinating, and multitasking.
We are looking for motivated Contributing Writers to create engaging content that educates and motivates the Viva Center community. If you are looking for an opportunity to showcase your storytelling, build your portfolio, and network within the wellness community, then we can’t wait to hear from you!
As the Viva Center expands its brand, we are excited to open up this new avenue for community contribution. Viva is dedicated to promoting content that is both educational and engaging, including (but not limited to) information on self-regulation, clinical best practices, and self-empowering shifts for the wellness community.
- The Contributing Writer is responsible for researching, composing, and editing at least 1 blog submission per month, to be approved and published solely at the discretion of the Viva Center.
- Blog posts range from 200-500 words, are highly original, and provide relevant information and/or resources to the wellness community.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Proficient in grammar and punctuation
- Adept at research and fact-checking
- Must be creative and able to come up with relevant, interesting topics that address audience’s needs, wants and problems successfully
- Have a professional, consistent, and sometimes witty writing style that encourages subscribers to share on social media and elsewhere
- Knowledge or interest in:
- brain based therapeutic techniques, mindfulness, yoga, financial literacy, nutrition, energy healing, psychotherapy, etc.
- Proficient in scientific reading
- Interview skills
If any of these options seem appealing, consider taking the first steps to join our team! Please contact us by email–firstname.lastname@example.org–with the subject “Join Our Team” and the position you are applying for. Please include a cover letter and resume.
*Applicants for the Contributing Writer Program should email email@example.com *